Strategy may be defined as the general scheme of the conduct of a war, tactics as the planning of means to achieve strategic objectives.
The following illustrate what is necessary in implementing your strategy. You must monitor your business as per:
- The company objectives
- The strategy and tactics that will enable the company to reach those objectives
- The resources required, and how they are going to be obtained;
- What the main milestones and steps are along the way;
- Who is responsible for causing each step to occur;
- What are the company's business risks and external factors that need to be kept under review for indications that a change in strategy or plan may be required.